In my previous article I wrote about my life changing decision. I’ve realized that I have been living a life of constriction. And to live that kind of life is to not let the light of my being to shine through.
I’ve decided to stop procrastinating and to start living my highest potential. And I really mean it. I’m not going to try to do this. I’m committed to it 100% and there’s no going back. There will be no excuses.
When I start doubting myself or when I feel lazy, I’m just going to remind myself that I’ve been given the gift of this life. I have a great potential. I can create a wonderful, exciting life for myself. The only person standing in my way is myself. Will I make the best out of this life, or will I live my life safely…only to arrive at death safely?
I have two options. I can 1) stick to my old habits and patterns, or I can 2) develop new habits that serve my highest good.
When I choose the first option, I’m going to continue doubting myself, I will never try anything new, I won’t be able to find any new friends and make deep bonds with people, I will eventually get sick and fat, I will end up being depressed, deeply disappointed and frustrated in life. Most likely I will never marry and have children, I will have a poor payed job that frustrates me and I will die because of all the pain and sadness.
When I choose the second option, I’m going to be able to accept and love myself for who I am. I will become my best self and reach my highest potential. I will face all the difficulties like they are challenges. I will be able to conquer any fear. I’m going to have many wonderful friends and people. I will inspire people around me. I’m going to have my dream job and I will be able to help people. Most likely I will meet my life partner and we will start a family. I will be healthy and feel good about my body. My life will be a challenging, exciting and ecstatic experience.
I don’t even have to ask myself which option I prefer. Obviously, it’s the second one. I can’t believe I used to be so stupid and I did my best to end up like a person in the first option. Thankfully, now I’m smart enough to realize that I can change my life right here, right now. I’m pursuing my goals and nothing can make me change my mind or stop me from becoming my best self.
So, at the beginning, it’s essential to set clear goals. I’m going to list my goals and I’m going to write everything that I will do on a daily basis to reach that goal: I want to be more open as a person. I want to become my true, authentic self.
- I will share everything that I believe in with other people.
- I will stop to tone myself down in order to be accepted by others.
- I will be perfectly honest all the time.
- I will stop keeping secrets.
- I will stop isolating myself.
- I will express my emotions.
- I will stop trying to fit myself into a life dictated by society.
I want to develop self love and self appreciation.
- I will live my life according to the question: What would a person that loved themselves do?
- I will take time to do things that excite me every day.
- I will celebrate my successes.
- Whenever I look in the mirror, I will search for things I can appreciate about my body.
- I will keep a gratitude journal. Every day I will list all the things I’m thankful for.
- I will be spending my time productively and make myself proud every day.
I want to be accepted for psychology studies.
- I will summarize one chapter from the psychology book every day.
- I will summarize one chapter from the social sciences book every day.
- I will be solving math problems every day.
- I will train my logical thinking and spatial intelligence.
I want to find a part time job.
- I will be actively searching for job options every day until I find the best one.
- I will apply for it and do my best to be accepted.
I want to create and sell my mandalas.
- I will work on a mandala every day for at least 1 hour.
I want to find friends and meet like minded people.
- I will go out more and search for like minded individuals.
- I will be more active on social sites and on my blogs.
- I will message interesting people daily until I find someone who understands me and with whom I can share my life with.
I want to get in shape and feel good in my body.
- I will exercise each day for at least 10 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes in the afternoon.
- I will take a walk outside each day for at least 15 minutes.
I want to eat healthy food and stop overeating.
- I won’t eat when I’m not hungry.
- I won’t eat any chocolates or candies.
- I will drink more pure water.
- I will take vitamins every day.
I want to go to bed earlier.
- I will go to sleep at 10 PM every day.
I want to wake up earlier.
- I will wake up at 7 AM every day.