Today I’m going to talk to you about a topic I myself have mastered. It’s social awkwardness.
Signs that you are socially awkward:
- Your idea of an epic Saturday night is a night inside surfing the internet or reading.
- You go to great lengths to avoid answering the house phone. This includes bothering someone in the shower.
- When you enter a room full of people you’re not so familiar with, you constantly ask the earth (in your mind, of course) to open up and swallow you
- You tell jokes you think are absolutely hilarious, but no one laughs.
- You quickly change the subject when someone asks you ‘What did you do this weekend?’
- You avoid eye contact.
- You get excited/ feel proud of yourself when you have a natural conversation with a stranger.
- Your phone has lost it’s purpose.
- You plan conversations in your head and never say them in real life.
- You ask your parents for a new phone and they say, ‘Why? Who’re you going to call?’
- You don’t spend a lot of time on Facebook because you’re worried a doomed message will pop up saying ‘Hi!’
- You see someone you know on the bus and try and hide around the corner.
- Someone says hi to you and rather than saying hi back, you let out a nervous squeak and fast walk away.
- When your friend talks to someone you don’t know, you stand still and don’t utter a word, reassuring yourself that it’ll all be over soon.
- People tell you interesting and crazy stories of their own life, you tell them interesting and crazy stories from a book you read
I love the socially awkward penguin meme. I find it hilarious maybe because I can relate to every single one. Oh god help me!